Dienstag, 18. Februar 2014

How I got My RaspBerry Pi and what I did to it till now


For a long time I have been in love with the idea to buy a RaspBerry Pi. Primary I wanted it for a project from the past. I was planning to set up (with a very small P133 256MB or something) an Asterisk Internet Network to phone for free with my friends and manage my homecalls. For example: If someone calls without having CLIR activated, then he would be summoned by a female robotic voice (S.H.O.D.A.N HrHr) to enter his phone number per phone keyboard or he would be disconnected. And much more funny things to do...

The RaspBerry seemed the much better choice then for many reasons. I'v been to poor to get the laughable 35$ together. So a friend of mine who did know of my obsession bought me one for christmas. That's what happened (Like a brief roadmap what I've done so far and what's to expect from this blog):



Step  1: Unboxing like a 5 years old child.
Step  2: Realizing that there is no power adapter included.
Step  3: Google a bit to see it's a normal 5V microUSB output
  • It's not adviced to use any cheap smartphone charger. 1A or more
  • Also I looked up an OS. Decided for RaspBian and also downloaded RaspBMC and retro Pi
  • Prepared SD card and put it into RaspBerry
Step  5: I - against better advice - used the only charger I had: 0.5A for the BlackBerry Storm I.
  • RaspBerry came up with a black screen
Step  6: Thinking again I got a 0.8A BB Storm II Charger
Step  7: Booting the first time. RaspBerry downloaded files and came up with a RaspBian
  • (think) Fully compatible debian environment.
Step  8: Setting up remote dektop, surfed the net and stuff. Used it from work to surf the web.
Step  9: Got bored and setup a RaspBMC environment - and using it since.
Step 10: Setup FTP server, Webcontrol, Sambaserver (For windows networking)
Step 11: Changed hartcoded passwords, applyed new theme
Step 12: Applyed extra cooler to RaspBerry Pi
Step 13: Overclocked the RaspBerry
Step 14: Plugged 2 ext HDDs and setup the RaspBerry Pi as NAS / Media- and Fileserver.
Step 15: Installed a physical Windows MC remote controll
Step 16: Configuring Android phone and tablet at remote control for the RaspBMC
Step 17: Installed PVR

Step 18: Lived happily ever after.

Where can I get one?! Here:

For German customers
For foreign customers
 

Conclusion:

35$ (RaspBerry Pi) + 15$ (remote control) + 5$  (power charger) = 55$ for a f*ck**g a*s full of fun. And even more to come. Next project is to set up the Pi as Multi Gaming Console and after get on with my telephon server project.

For now I will write some tutorials how to setup the Pi correctly and how to get the best out of it. Stay tuned...

Some Pictures regarding RaspBMC with Amber Skin:




Some Pictures regarding Yatse for Android:

Remote Control

Select Movies, music and tc shows from your library

See what's now playing


Coming up next
Installing RaspBMC on RaspBerry Pi and set it up to run several servers (Web, FTP, Samba....) and to be a part of your windows network.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen